Wednesday 4 November 2009

professional, e-learnign professional

E-learning professional a part of 1.2
RObin Mason gives a picture of someone who has grown with the profession, professionalism here happens almost by default and imperceptibly. This has almost happened to me. I am always somewhat surprised when I find I have been asked along (and paid) for something because people want my 'opinion'. Somehow I feel I am just a teacher with an angle on things but over the years those 'angles' have become more noticeable.
In this I am rather like Gill who got to be an e-learning professional by ' by drift and default'. I think this is open to challenge, I suspect that if we looked at this 'drift and default' in more depth then we would see that there was often a great deal of deliberation. Like a sailor sailing a lifeboat the eventual destination might not be in sight but the day to day course is clearly decided upon. SHe cites the HEA 5 porfessioanl values
1.
Respect for individual learners.
2.
Commitment to incorporating the process and outcomes of relevant research, scholarship and/or professional practice.
3.
Commitment to the development of learning communities.
4.
Commitment to encouraging participation in Higher Education, acknowledging diversity and promoting equality of opportunity.
5.
Commitment to continuing professional development and the evaluation of practice.

These principles do not , as far as I can determine, constitute the mechanism for making a professional but do support the understanding of a philosophical underpinning.






No comments:

Post a Comment